Professional teeth whitening brightens Alpharetta, GA smiles
One of the quickest and most economical ways to transform your smile is through professional teeth whitening. Bright, white teeth send others the message that you are healthy and vibrant, but some of our favorite foods and beverages, certain medications, aging, and other factors can lead to a dull or yellowed appearance in our teeth. At Alpharetta Smile Care, we offer patients in the Alpharetta, Milton, Canton, Cumming, Roswell, and neighboring GA communities professional teeth whitening options that are safe, effective, and result in a dazzling smile.
Why do teeth become yellow or stained?
There are two types of tooth staining that can occur: extrinsic and intrinsic. Extrinsic stains are those that form due to external factors, such as eating deeply pigmented foods and beverages (like wine, coffee, tea, red sauces, and berries) and using tobacco products. Intrinsic stains form within the inner layer of the tooth, called dentin. These can occur due to factors such as:
- Getting older – the dentin becomes more yellow as we age and the enamel becomes thinner, leading to a yellowed appearance in the teeth
- Certain medications – tetracycline antibiotics, antihistamines, blood pressure medications, chemotherapy, and some other types of medications can all lead to discoloration
- Excessive fluoride use – while fluoride protects teeth in the correct amounts, overuse can lead to tooth staining, particularly in children
The procedure of KöR whitening at Alpharetta Smile Care - Dr. Doug Worful
I will demonstrate how to take impressions and the simple process we follow for KöR whitening at Alpharetta Smile Care.
To take impressions, we first make sure we have the tray’s right size to match you. Then we would mix our material, make you lean back on the headrest, place the tray in your mouth for about 2 minutes.
Once the material is set, we take the tray out and make your KöR whitening trays within about 1-2 weeks.
Then in your final visit, we will go through the whitening instructions within about 10-15 mins. You can take the trays home afterward and get the whitening results you are looking for.
Professional teeth whitening with KöR
Fortunately, professional teeth whitening with the right product can address both intrinsic and extrinsic stains. Some products, such as whitening strips and toothpastes that you can get over the counter, only address the external stains. However, at Alpharetta Smile Care, we exclusively use the KöR whitening system. Experience has shown Dr. Worful that this advanced system is the best way to whiten teeth and provides the most predictable, effective results.
The KöR whitening system is unique in several ways:
- Its peroxide whitening gel is kept refrigerated continuously from the time it is manufactured to the time it is used, ensuring that it retains its potency
- The KöR whitening gel is chemically designed to generate a high percentage of free radicals, known as “teeth bleaching factors,” that help lift stains and whiten the teeth more effectively than other products that simply break the peroxide solution down into oxygen and water
- The unique KöR-Seal™ whitening trays are designed to ensure that saliva and other fluids are sealed out of the trays, which prevents the rapid contamination of the whitening gel by saliva that occurs with other methods of tooth whitening and reduces their effectiveness
Schedule your consultation
Dr. Worful will talk with you about your goals and evaluate whether teeth whitening alone will help you achieve your desired results. In some cases, patients with existing dental restorations, chips or breaks, or other dental issues may need to combine their teeth whitening treatment with other procedures to fully restore the appearance of their smile.
To learn more about KöR teeth whitening at Alpharetta Smile Care and whether it is right for you, call us at (678) 582-1601.